Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas List

Grinchy or not, I've made a list.  I don't make it for me. I make it for Them.  

Does that seem bratty?  It's not meant to be.  

You see, knowing who I am (picky) this is just the best way to do it.  And for us, it works.  They get a list of items that I would be thrilled with and I get the comfort of knowing that I did not saddle anyone with the passive aggressive statements of "Just pick out something you think I would like" or "I don't really want/need anything".  

Stop it. 

If you LIKE being irritated with those around you because they took you at your word and either got you nothing, or bought your present at the Go Mart on Christmas Eve, you should stick with either of the above.  For me, I'd prefer any of the following:


  1. Indoor/Outdoor Rug from Ballard Designs.  "Geometric Border" in blue or gray, 8' x 10'.  $120
  2. REI Madrona Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie in Lagoon or Black.  On sale until November 28.  $36.99
  3. Paris in White Postcard Set from Little Brown Pen on etsy $15
  4. Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing & Fabric Crafts.  Buy it on Amazon. $22
  5. Lisa Leonard "Blessed & Lucky" necklace.  Because this involves personalization, how about a gift card to the site? $78
  6. iPhone 4 in White $99
  7. Set of 2 Chicago Metallic Jellyroll Pans. Amazon, $26
  8. A bike.  
  9. Kate Spade iPhone 4 case. $40 
  10. Sur la Table Non Stick Skillet Set $64.95
Other ideas:
  • I love gift cards.  Some think they are impersonal, but I love having freedom of choice.  I would both enjoy and appreciate gift cards to any of the following: iTunes, IKEA, Michaels, Target, Walmart, Joann, Amazon, Home Depot, or Bath & Body Works.
  • Really good potholders.  Don't buy me the Ove Glove, don't go to Walmart.  I need thick, professional potholders that won't burn through to my fingers. 
  • Along the same lines, I could use new kitchen towels.  Mine are holey and just sad. 
  • Dwell tablecloth from Target.  60"x 84". Pick one. 
  • Really good Mexican vanilla. 
Do you make a list?  Does it work for you?


No comments: