Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pillow Posting

Did you know I am craft deficient?   Sure, I can glitter with the best of them, but when it comes to sewing, I am a bit... lacking.  I don't know what it is, but I just can't keep myself from winging it.  I don't like to measure 3x and cut once.  I usually just eyeball it and take a whack at it.  It's just fabric, right?  And somehow, it always works out.  Maybe I have a magic sewing machine, or thread made from fairy hairs (Does Guterman use fairy hair?  We may never know).  There must be something supernatural going on, because today I felt compelled to turn a table cloth into a set of holiday pillows - and it worked!

Yep, from entertaining accoutrement to head cradler in just one short hour.  I used two different methods, the second of which was MUCH faster than the first.  These are envelope-back pillows, and the first way used 3 pieces of fabric, while the second used just one long piece.  2 quick hems, a straight stitch up each side, and me and my plaid pillows were nap ready.


My couch has been lacking in character for months, and the ease of this project has inspired me to seek out a bit of new fabric for some post-holiday revitalization.  After all... napkins are cheap, and the standard 20" size nicely stitches into an 18" down-filled pillow.  


No comments: