Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Product Review: mpix.com

I love my camera.  I don't understand it very well, but I am trying.  She's a very understanding device so we get along just fine.  Believe me, she does most of the work in this relationship, and the least I can do is support her by showcasing her fine efforts in print.  Folks that is a long winded way to say that she snaps it and I print it. I used to think all printers were alike.  Costco? Fine.  Walmart? If I have to.  Shutterfly?   Okey-dokey.

LIES.  

ALL LIES.  

If you really want to showcase your efforts, go where the pros go: mpix.

I had never heard of them until several professional photographers recommended them on Facebook.  I know - even typing that sentence feels a little cheesy - but these are people who I respect and whose work I appreciate.  If they like mpix enough to use them for their professional snaps, who am I to argue?



After getting AWFUL prints from Shutterfly a few weeks ago, I decided I had nothing to lose by giving mpix a shot.  And for the crucial Christmas picture gifts, no less.  

Creating an account was easy, uploading was a cinch, and ordering took no time at all. Cost was reasonable ($1.99 for a color 8 x 10?  Yes, please!), delivery was speedy, and the results were impressive.  Unfortunately, I don't have a way to scan in the photos from Shutterfly and compare them to mpix.  I will tell you that I had them print several 8x10 color digital images, and several 8x10 black and white digital images.  They are beautiful!  The colors in my color print are exact, and the black and whites are crisp and deep.  You'll have to believe me when I say there is no question who I will be using in the future!  If you have photos to print or digital images that you want hard copies of, try mpix.  I hope you'll be as satisfied as I am!

PS - Now that I know how much more satisfying - and budget friendly- taking family pictures can be, I don't think I'll ever go back to one of those walk-in photo studios again.  

Note: mpix has no idea who I am.  I have not been compensated in any way for this review, and all opinions presented here are wholly my own. 


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I so love your reviews of any product. Now I will have to give mpix a try - just because you said so, and I know from past experience, anything I've tried on your blog I've loved! Already looked up sock bun curls and have to try that now too!!! ;)

So glad your pics turned out well - and hope you're staying warm and loving your ever updated house ;)

Chrissy Jo said...

Thank you, Amy! I had a nasty run in at Sams Club a few weeks ago when they questioned my integrity and swore I would never got back to their photo counter again. I've been wondering where I could go online for high quality prints. Thanks, Amy!