Friday, February 6, 2015

It's 2015

I suppose it's time to get back to this blogging thing.  

2015 holds major changes for us, and even if I feel like I'm only talking to myself on here, I should still record this stuff for memory, right? 

I'll update about Christmas in another post, but for now I'll focus on what's going to affect our entire year: Our Move to Texas.


That's right.  In just a few short months, we will become Texans.

In full disclosure, we've had this locked in since the end of May.  Very early, but we feel good about how everything worked out.  

I'm excited that we will be moving to a larger city.  As I've told the kids, it has about 80% of what we want, and the other 20% is within an 80 minute drive.  Given that we've spent the last 4 years 90 minutes from the nearest Target, that sounds like Heaven.  

So now my days are filled with plans to sell the house and coordinate the move.  Dates are a bit fluid.... we don't want to have to move until school is done here, but the kids and I will get there first because school starts in August.  We plan to rent for a while because we want to be very sure that this is the right career move for Husband.  And because I firmly believe that you don't really get to know a city until you've lived there for a while.  What looks good on paper is usually a little different in the light of day.  

We are very, very excited.
I'm embracing The Move, so heads up, you're going to see lots of Texas references here.
Y├íll.