Had another miserable night. Slept well for about 3 hours, then woke up to go to the bathroom. Laid down & had 2 strong contractions in a row & that woke me up again. I laid there for a while, then fell asleep again. Woke up at 3 & had to go to the bathroom, but it was just pressure. Was so uncomfortable that I just got up and roamed around the living room. The downward pressure was miserable, and my side started to hurt like it did in January. I got semi-comfortable with the heating pad & finally went back to bed. I'm so glad that Peaches was worn out & didn't come in until 8:30 (yes, very late, I know). Oddly enough, my body felt much better this morning & for most of the day. I was grateful for that, as I don't think I could take 12 more days of feeling like I did last night. I don't have much to gripe about - this pregnancy has been relatively easy on me. I think everyone just reaches a point where they are READY, and I am right there right now. Funny thing though - I had those contractions last night & started to worry that I wasn't ready, that I had projects to finish for work, that my bag wasn't packed, that I'd have to call & bother someone in the middle of the night to take care of Peaches..... a classic neurotic if there ever was one. I think I am getting better. I was MUCH more tightly wound when we were in Oregon & I was commuting so much. I wonder what having two kids is going to be like - will it make me more uptight or more laid back?
FYI - my daughter told me tonight she didn't need me to help her in the bath any more. Part of me was relieved, as I can barely bend down to put on my own shoes, much less hunch over & chase her around the tub with a bottle of shampoo, and part of me marked it as another indication of how fast she is growing up. I miss my Baby Girl, but also adore my Big Girl. Time flies......
Thursday, February 28, 2008
It's been a busy few weeks. Peaches started a new preschool, and is loving it. I love the free time it's giving me. 5 hours a week to myself makes me feel a little bit human again.
- I've also been busy making baby blankets and diaper cloths. See above. I finally found the courage to make a blanket for The Boy, too, and will add a pic when I get it all washed and purty.
- Ebay has been my new best friend, and it got a bit out of hand for a few days. Seriously, when you can buy Robeez at less than half the price, who could resist?? Let's just say that The Boy will have some very stylish kicks - not that he'll actually need shoes for another 9-12 months, but fashion is everything, ya know.
- Looks like the house might actually sell. We accepted a low-ball offer and even though it's much less than we would have liked to sell for, the idea of being unburdened is almost dizzyingly appealing. The night we agreed to the deal I slept better than I have in WEEKS. (Unfortunately that didn't last, as this morning I woke up at 4 am and when I finally fell back asleep, Peaches woke me up about 15 minutes later).
- I had brunch with some friends today, and they were sweet enough to bring gifts for the baby. It was like a mini-shower - the first one I've ever had. So Nice! It was such a treat to have some girl time, and Robyn was so great. Thanks for being such a great hostess, Robyn!
Monday, February 25, 2008
I'm pretty amazed that I see houses on every block that still have wreaths, garland and lights up. I also see random snowman decorations on porches. People, it's almost March. And every day has not been horrifically cold, so there's really no excuse for keeping this stuff up. Bunnies and Frosty really don't mix.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
- Why do some ebay sellers try to rip you off on shipping? Seriously, do you think I am going to be OK with paying $11.00 to ship an item that should cost no more than $4.50 through the post office? Are you that cheap that you have to squeeze every nickel out of your buyers, and leave them feeling extra pissed?
- Is the winter weather that much of a hassle that you have to moan about it even on a sunny, snow-free day? Granted this is my first winter here, but I don't think it's been that bad. Yes, it has snowed. Yes, there have been some sub-zero days. No, I personally don't have to go out and shovel the sidewalk and driveway. Hang tight for another 4 weeks, Spring will be on the way. And PS - this is NOT bad. I still remember a time in Colorado when it was -20 for two weeks straight. THAT was COLD.
- Why is TV programming so horrible on Saturday nights? Friday nights are not much better, but usually I can find a episode or two of House, then hold out for Las Vegas to come on. Saturday night? I sat through 3 hours of Fried Green Tomatoes, with commercials every 9 minutes, then watched Kathy Griffin's stand-up on Bravo (not so bad - a LOT funnier than that idiot Dane Cook). Unfortunately, I enjoyed the stand-up a lot more than the movie, and was sort of pissed that I ended up staying awake until 11 pm, then had my usual restless sleep until 6am when Peaches woke me up.