Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ready & Waiting

Had another miserable night. Slept well for about 3 hours, then woke up to go to the bathroom. Laid down & had 2 strong contractions in a row & that woke me up again. I laid there for a while, then fell asleep again. Woke up at 3 & had to go to the bathroom, but it was just pressure. Was so uncomfortable that I just got up and roamed around the living room. The downward pressure was miserable, and my side started to hurt like it did in January. I got semi-comfortable with the heating pad & finally went back to bed. I'm so glad that Peaches was worn out & didn't come in until 8:30 (yes, very late, I know). Oddly enough, my body felt much better this morning & for most of the day. I was grateful for that, as I don't think I could take 12 more days of feeling like I did last night. I don't have much to gripe about - this pregnancy has been relatively easy on me. I think everyone just reaches a point where they are READY, and I am right there right now. Funny thing though - I had those contractions last night & started to worry that I wasn't ready, that I had projects to finish for work, that my bag wasn't packed, that I'd have to call & bother someone in the middle of the night to take care of Peaches..... a classic neurotic if there ever was one. I think I am getting better. I was MUCH more tightly wound when we were in Oregon & I was commuting so much. I wonder what having two kids is going to be like - will it make me more uptight or more laid back?

FYI - my daughter told me tonight she didn't need me to help her in the bath any more. Part of me was relieved, as I can barely bend down to put on my own shoes, much less hunch over & chase her around the tub with a bottle of shampoo, and part of me marked it as another indication of how fast she is growing up. I miss my Baby Girl, but also adore my Big Girl. Time flies......

No comments: