Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sleepytime


I am so tired. The neighbors woke me up at 4 am with their nighttime romance....which then deteriorated into yelling, screaming, and possible hole-in-the-wall-punching. It was loud enough to wake up the Husband, and we almost called the police, but decided that's not the best way to keep the peace while apartment living.

As I am a light sleeper to begin with, I decided to channel surf and ended up watching Muriel's Wedding. I love this movie. I'd never buy it, but I've probably watched it 6 times, which is a lot for me. I love that Toni Collette is fat in it - seriously, she's gotta be pushing 200 lbs, but she rocks that white satin Abba outfit (not to mention the black pleather w/ zippers). I love that it's about transforming yourself. I don't really dig how she steals her father's money (although he is a denigrating, pompous ass who sort of deserved it), but I do like that she changes her life and becomes someone that SHE loves, not just someone looking for love. I always walk feeling better about myself. I highly recommend it.

Of course, that didn't help my insomnia, nor did my 3 additional attempts to nap. Thankfully it's a quiet night in the DSM, so I can get away with excessive fatigue. The one thing keeping me going right now are the premieres of My Name is Earl and The Office. I'm literally counting down the hours until it's time. Stay tuned for a review of the episodes and my thoughts on the potential for the new season.

No comments: