Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chimichurri/ Aji/ Mojo Sauce

One of my simple, go-to meals of late is Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. Serve the sauce on the side, or if you're brave, drizzled over slices of the steak. Usually we have extra steak & sauce, so a few days later we use both to make quesadillas. As with many recipes, I think the sauce gets better overnight. It can be very strong/ spicy, will thicken in the fridge, and is really, really yummy.

Chimichurri Sauce
*based on a recipe from Bon Appetit/ epicurious.com

  • 2/3 - 3/4 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
  • 3/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 3-4 Green onions, white part & some of the green
  • 1 Jalapeno, seeded & with ribs removed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • A few dashes of pepper

**Use the above as a starting point. I don't usually measure the olive oil or vinegar - I just drizzle it in until it looks right to me. I've also made it with white onion instead of green & find it is VERY strong.

Puree all ingredients in food processor until combined.

No comments: