Thursday, January 26, 2012
The William Morris Project: Week 3
Oh, this was a tough week. Good intentions, but zero motivation.
Wait, that's not totally true. I started stripping the wallpaper border in the living room. And immediately ran into trouble. Unlike the kitchen, this wallpaper seems to have been applied with E-6000. It took me an hour to remove a 4' section using my trusty hot-water-and-vinegar formula. I think I'm going to have to genuflect to the powers of the glue and buy some chemical stripper. So instead of the grand reveal of "No More Wallpaper In my House!", I give you the cookie cutter jar:
Beautiful - check.
Useful - check.
Better than 3 Ziploc baggies of cookie cutters - check.
I spent so many days dwelling on the desire to Do! A! Big! Project! for this week that I almost lost sight of the fact that this Project is not - CAN NOT - always be about grandiosity. Sometimes it is the small changes that make me most content. If I look around my home and smile at the little details, the big, pending to-do's seem much more manageable. Plus, there's always next week.
To learn more about The William Morris Project, visit Jules at Pancakes and French Fries.