Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The William Morris Project: Now With More Door Painting!

Amazingly, I was done with this week's William Morris project days in advance!  

Shocking!

After all, I only painted a door - the inside of the front door, to be exact. 

After I had freshened the surrounding walls with Creamy Mushroom, our poor builder's basic front door looked so drab next to the crisp white trim and soft tan around it. 


So I was inspired to paint it a deep, chocolatey brown. 


The first coat was scary!


But after 3 coats of semi-glossy goodness, it is a chocolate dream!  A cocoa-hued portal to the outside world!  It looks fantastic against the white trim, and I love the rug against it.  


If you are on the fence about painting your doors, do it.  I love it so much I'm thinking of painting the kitchen walls the same tan, just so I can paint the door to the garage brown!

This post is part of The William Morris Project, with Pancakes and French Fries.  She's doing a project each day for the month of October, but I'm not that crazy.  



1 comment:

Hena Tayeb said...

The door looks great.