Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Belated Halloween

This year I did not make a single item for their costumes.  It was bittersweet.  I sort of like working with them to come up with an idea, then stitching it together.  But not spending the night before finalizing the costumes was very, very sweet.    

First up: MARIO from Mario Brothers.  
He is obsessed & has worn the hat EVERY. DAY. since.
He did hate the oversized fake moustache that came with the costume, so it was eyeliner to the rescue.  




SuperGirl and Mario at the church Trunk-or-Treat.  
**SuperGirl costume was bought at Walmart after Halloween last year.  Nothing like a $5 costume!


We finally got around to doing our pumpkins on Saturday afternoon (We trick-or-treat the Saturday before Halloween.  Don't ask.  It's weird.).  One carved, the other painted.  Everyone was happy!





Pirate pumpkin.  Arrrrrgggggh!


This was the ONE shot I snapped on Saturday night before my camera died.  
Great planning, Mom.  




This year was fun because Daddy was home!  The kids insisted that I stay on the porch and pass out candy while Daddy walked them around the neighborhood.  Worked for me - I got to see all the little cuties in their costumes (I just love the babies!!) and he got to experience the mad rush of our neighborhood (we get about 100-150 kids door-to-door). Note for next year: put a glow stick INSIDE their bag or bucket.  Gives a little more visibility in our dark, dark neighborhood.  Plus it's easier to see the candy pile up inside.  

1 comment:

sarita said...

I LOVE the Supergirl costume--where did you get it? Both kids look adorable, and the eyeliner trick was genius.