Phase 2, also known as workouts 5 & 6, continues the front of body/ back of body alternating workouts that started in Phase 1. Cardio 2 is MUCH better than Cardio 1. But I still only did it once. More on that later.
Workout 5 (chest/ tris)
- The worst: Crescent pose flies with the band (I am not using the band that comes with the BR program, and I discovered that my band is just a little too short to do this effectively); Woodchoppers; Crab Tricep Dips with Leg Raised.
- The best: Sumo Squat with Shoulder Press.
- Overall: Lots of balance exercises, and I am still modifying for the left side - but I DID do them! Chops - I was all over the place with these.
Workout 6 (back/bis)
- The worst: Windshield wipers; Weighted Supermans, Chop Lunges.
- The best: Lat extension with situp; Plank Rows, Bicep Curls with band.
- Overall: Again with the balance exercises! They are not difficult, but with my weaker left side, it was challenging to figure out a decent modification that still allowed me to maximize the exercise. Chops - Ugh.
My left ankle has been achy and weak. So I did the workouts, but did not do the high-impact intervals. I would march in place, or do a low-impact modification of the exercise. Part of me feels like I am cheating the program but the other view is that Life Happens, and I am choosing to continue to follow through with my commitment to complete the program. I did Cardio 2 just once, and I liked it, but decided that I would stick to lower impact cardio on those days - mostly 60+ minute walks in our hilly neighborhood.
I haven't weighed or measured, and am OK with that. I don't expect/ never expected to "lose sick amounts of weight" with Body Revolution. But with visible muscle changes, I am pleased so far. And pumped that I am halfway through!!!!