Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Body Revolution: Weeks 3 & 4

I'm not gonna lie, these 2 weeks have been a slog.  I don't think it's Jillian - let's face it, she's the same no matter what.... so it must be me.  I've just felt exhausted. And 8 more weeks of this feels almost overwhelming.  Ugh.  Let's hope this gets better.

Notes: There are a lot more single-leg balance moves, and I had trouble with them.  I do OK on the right side, but my left side is still weak.  I modified.

And it really bugged me how she talked about losing "sick amounts of weight..... like 5 or 6 pounds a week".  I think that's VERY unrealistic for all but the most overweight of participants.

Workout 3

This is her "back of body" workout.  It seemed really tough the first go-round, but it got better.  Tough moves: Crab tricep dips,  Walking Crescent pose (balance issues).  Favorite moves: all the rows.

Workout 4

This is her "front of body" workout for these weeks.    Tough moves: Hollow man, side lunges with bicep curls (balance & rhythm problems), single leg deadlift w/ row.  Favorite moves: Plie hops.

Overall: The cardio intervals are higher impact, but can easily be modified.  Each workout is still about 30 minutes long.  I did the Cardio DVD once, and subbed in swimming and the elliptical for the other days.  I was up a pound at the end of week 3, and have decided that I'm going to stop weighing myself for a few weeks.  I haven't taken measurements again, but I am noticing more toned muscles, especially in my shoulders & arms.

I am taking the entire weekend off before starting Phase 2 on Monday.  I've been having a little pain in my left ankle/foot, so I am resting it, taking Motrin, and stretching in anticipation of Monday's workout.

PS - I want to be clear that the workouts are not killing me.  It's 30 minutes a day.  Jeez.  I think it's just ME.  Especially since I am being a bit lackadaisical with my effort & food.  Not terrible.  I'm at about 70% effort.  And I'm not going to see "Big Results" with 70%.  Maybe I need to add C25K.  Next week.

No comments: