Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reflection

2013 was a good year for us.  

Nothing earth-shattering happened.  

We didn't win the lottery.  Or swim with the sharks in Indonesia.  Or complete an Ironman.  

But in its own quiet way, 2013 was really good to us.  

My job was renewed for another 2 years.  J started kindergarten.  We enjoyed a fabulous vacation in Florida.  Husband completed all his professional licensing.  Everyone stayed healthy all year.



All good.  

Specific to me, I had surgery to fix my wonky ankle and am now back to my normal activity levels.  I comfortably wore a bathing suit in public.  I completed several moderately rigorous exercise programs (Chalean Extreme, Body Revolution, C25K).  I read for pleasure more than I expected to.

2014 is looking to be a good one, too.  

I have a handful of personal goals I want to accomplish, and it's looking like there are a few things on the horizon that could be significant for us as a family.  

For me, the following is on my Goal List:
  1. Remodel the Kid's Bathroom.  Floors, paint, light. 
  2. Caulk & touch up all the trim in the house.
  3. Buy & install new pantry doors. 
  4. Run a 5K race. 
  5. Organize the laundry room. 
  6. Replace all the doorknobs. 
  7. Organize the kid's schoolwork/ artwork. 
  8. Go through each room of the house, organizing and purging.  (This is the one that is most needed, and least likely to get done).
  9. Buy 4 new bras.  
  10. Read at least a book a month.  
Wishing you a joyful and prosperous 2014!


  

No comments: