Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's been an eventful 10 days

In summary:



- Family visit

- Graduation

- A new TV (yeah, it's HUGE)

- A week in Kauai

- Added $54K of debt



Where do I begin? I'm gonna have to break each one of these down. I'll start here, but stay tuned for more.

1. Family visit. Dad and wife came for graduation. They stayed 2 1/2 days & it was the perfect amount. We visited, toured a local vineyard, did a little shopping, ate seafood, and visited more. It was great for Peaches to see them & spend time with them. We now owe them a visit to Nevada.

2. Graduation. Done and done. The day was a scorcher & the stadium didn't have a full overhang, so we roasted for 5 hours. Yes, 5 HOURS. As bad as it was for us, I can't imagine how sweaty it was on the field, under those black robes. I didn't think I'd be as stoked as I was, but it felt like just as much of an accomplishment for me as it was for him. It was also pretty cool that all 3 boys graduated at the same time. It was a Moment.

3. New TV. We spent the graduation money on a new TV. Not our most practical move, but it is pretty awesome. 37 inches of LCD glory. I can't wait to move & talk myself into getting full cable again (I cut our cable out when the bill grew to over $100 a month - I'm such a fool). I HEART TV. Seriously, I know it's evil, and a time sucker, and a brain musher, but I seriously love TV. History Channel, Food Network, HGTV, NBC, E!, I love it all. This whole 12-channels-only thing is crampin' my style.

No comments: