Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

10 Months


I can't believe another month has come and gone. I was just getting used to telling people you are 9 months old, and now you are 10 months old!

I bought your first birthday gift last week, and am already preparing for you to turn 1. Yes, I know, you won't be my little baby any more, soon you'll be my toddler. I need the next two months to come to grips with that.
You changed while I was gone last week. You can shake your head "no", and that is new to me. I love spending time with you, laughing together while you slap my face, jump in your exersaucer, or watch one of your trains scoot around the floor. Still no crawling yet, but I know you're just saving your energy. After all, it's winter - you have to conserve your strength for very important baby activities such as power napping, mashed potato eating, and hand clapping.
Over Christmas vacation I saw a picture of Big Daddy when he was 3. It was a clear glimpse of what you will soon look like, and my heart swelled and broke at the same time. I am so proud to be the mother of such a strong, healthy, happy boy. So proud to be YOUR mother. I love you, my sweet son.

No comments: