Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Fab Friday: December 4

I've always believed that it's the little things that can make the biggest difference.

Like marshmallows in hot chocolate.

Or snowflakes on Christmas Eve.

And I can't forget the tiny jolt of pleasure from downloading a new song to get my groove on.

One of the more pedestrian "little things" in my life is my inane pleasure at using Hefty Gripper garbage bags.

That's right, this post is about to extol the virtues of a TRASH BAG.

What can I say? I actually find a little happiness in my trash (can).

Finding the right kind of trash can is difficult, but finding the right bag is almost as challenging. First, you have to make sure you buy the right size (hey, sometimes it's not as easy as it sounds!). Then, if you choose unwisely, you are stuck with 30-60 bags near-useless bags.

My sweet husband actually discovered these gems. Yes, he's a keeper.

Now, for the question burning at your brain: Why do I like them?

Mostly because they do what they say - they Grip. A stretchy, elastic-y ring around the top allows the bag to fit snugly around the top of the bin. No more dirty hands from reaching into that disgusting pit when the bag caves in from the weight of an empty Diet Coke can. I also like these because they have an extra bit of Odor Block - perfect for those too-warm summer days which turn my bin into a cesspool of stink.

Although these are not on my Christmas list, feel free to gift yourself with some. They can be found at your local Wal*Mart, as well as other fine retailers nationwide.

Ho Ho Ho.

1 comment:

sarita said...

I hope this means you're back to blogging.

I've missed you.