Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baked Potato FAIL

I love baked potatoes, and really, if I'm going to have one, the best way to make them is in the oven.

If you microwave them, they are mealy, not fluffy.

Also, did you know that if you wrap them in foil, it steams the skins & they are not nearly as tasty?  True!

On Saturday night, I decided to grill some steaks & threw 2 potatoes into the oven.  I checked them after an hour, and they needed a little more time, so I closed the oven door again.  About 10 minutes later, I heard a weird "POP" sound, but it seemed to come from another part of the house.  My children were outside, and husband was upstairs, so I thought maybe it was a ball against the house or something like that.

10 minutes after the noise I checked the potatoes again, I found this:


Yes, that is an exploded potato.... with potato debris on every surface of my oven!  Has this ever happened to you?  I'm not sure what I was more sad about: having to share a potato, or cleaning up the mess.  

OK, it was totally the mess.  

No comments: