Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

One Last Pre-Vacation Post

This was my first full week of work (full week = 5 days).  And it is still taking some getting used to.  I am beginning to enjoy the structure required to make my mornings flow properly, but after 2 1/2 years, I forgot about the things I dread about work.  Like....
  1. Picking out what to wear.  I totally envy my husband, who gets to wear a uniform every day.  I forgot how much I hate picking out what to wear each day.  This is made more challenging because my clothes now fall into one of two categories: Mom or Church.  My Mom clothes are too casual for work, and my Church clothes are too dressy.  Thankfully I still have 4 pairs of dress pants that fit me.... but I think everyone, myself included, is going to get awfully tired of seeing me rotate black or grey pants.  
  2. When to eat?  I eat a good breakfast before I leave, but have been waiting to eat lunch until I get home after 1pm.  This means I am HUNGRY by early afternoon.  It seems silly to pack a lunch when I am only there for 4 hours, but I think I am going to have to do it.  
  3. Workout time!  I know, this is so ridiculous....... but I've been working out 4-6 days a week, and find that 10am is my optimal time.  Not anymore!  Now, I squeeze in a workout around 3pm.  Which means I have to be really careful about what I eat at 1.  Which is challenging because I have been really hungry.  Still smoothing it out.
A petty list, right?  But I have to give it to you full time working Moms - You are Amazing!  Even just putting in my 20 hours this week, I had to be ON IT every day.  And make sure the kids were on top of it, too.  I'm sure the bumps in the routine will smooth out, but until then, we are taking it one day at a time!

Happy weekend! 

No comments: