Our new beehive.
If you look closely, you can see one of those little buzzers flying back into the hive.
Let me preemptively answer your burning questions:
- No, we have never had bees before.
- No, we don't know what we're doing.
- Yes, the yellow thing in the front is a feeder. It's just to get them started.
- No, we didn't catch a swarm, we took bees from a friend's hive & are hopeful that they are making a queen.
- Yes, it's a hobby.
- No, we won't be selling the honey.
- Yes, we are excited to harvest the honey (probably in late winter).
- Yes, the neighbors are cool with it, and in fact were excited when we set it up last weekend.
- Yes, this has been the longest week ever and that feeling is reflected in my lack of enthusiasm for this week's "project".