Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Surgery Day

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my ankle issues.  Well, Tuesday was the Big Day. Finally. I had spent so many days and nights preparing, worrying, planning, that it seemed as though April 16 would never arrive. 

Due to a 6am check-in time, at the last minute we decided to head to Columbus on Monday evening.  The kids were tickled because we surprised them with a late movie before a late bedtime. All went well until a 4:15 fire drill at the hotel. Not to worry, I wasn't sleeping anyway. 

Once they took me back to get prepped, the time flew by. The last thing I remember is moving to the OR bed, and then waking up in recovery. 


The surgeon was booked back to back, so we didn't have a chance to talk with him before leaving. Thankfully, we were out the door by 10am. 


So far, so good! The anesthetic block they used lasted until yesterday morning, so I didn't feel much for the first 24 hours. This splint stays on until next Monday, when they'll put on a hard cast.  I am hoping that I'll be driving by next week.  And I'm super grateful that I have another week off after this one.  

Update: 4/19 - rough night.  I took less Vicodin yesterday (just 2 during the day), but was having pain at bedtime, so I took 2 at 8pm.  I woke up multiple times between 3am and 6am, sweating and feeling like I was going to hurl in my bed.  I gimped to the bathroom multiple times, but ended up with nothing more than severe stomach cramps and body aches - and horrible sleep.  We're not sure if it's the Vicodin or the antibiotic, but either way, it has not been a fun day so far.  Here's to hoping the weekend is better.  


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad you are recovering well - and everything went well! Hope you are pretending you're on vacay and enjoying staying off your feet!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

Hope you heal quickly! Get well soon :-)

Kelly said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Robyn said...

Hoping today was a better day. Thinkig about you... take care :)