Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Vicodin Detox Diet: Do Not Recommend!

Consider this a Cautionary Tale.... A Life Tip.... a Do Not Recommend.....

I was given Vicodin to manage the pain after my surgery.  
I had anticipated this, but didn't think much of it.  

I started to write a detailed story about my experience, but I think I am going to condense the message to this: 

Vicodin is not my friend.  
2 days of following the prescribed doses gave me 3 days of misery and the cleanest gut in town.
Not worth it. 

And now, pictures!  

Yesterday I had my soft splint taken off & a hard cast put on. 

This is the side that had the work done: 


The tape around the back side closed the 2nd incision they had to make to get out the os trigonum.  It was so large they HAD to make another cut to remove it.  

This is the inside of the ankle.  Lots of bruising, and on the top you can see one of the sutures where they inserted the arthroscope.  


I picked blue for the cast.  I know, you probably thought I'd go with black, but I was feeling spring-y.  And the pink was REALLY bright.  


4 weeks in this bad boy, and then I get to move to a walking cast.  I am counting down the days.  

No comments: