Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mobile Again!

Monday's doctor appointment went well, with the highlight being the cutting off of the old cast.  I even got to wipe down my pale, flabby limb and clean the incisions.  Thrilling, I know.  

And then the NEW cast went on (I might have quietly wiped away a tear), and I got to pay for the "walking" part of my walking cast.  I never thought I would be so happy to fork over $20 for ONE foam-bottomed shoe, but when I left under my own (slow) power, it was worth it.  


I immediately overdid it by walking to lunch and doing a little shopping but as I had a 2 hour drive home to recover, it was fine.  And then I came home and cleaned the kitchen, swept the floor, and baked 2 loaves of bread.  Yes, I was tired at the end of the day.  

It is slow going, but I have been thrilled to lose those crutches!  

No comments: