Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

A fruitful weekend

We got a TON done this weekend. We got all the new cove molding put up in the living room, cleaned a bit, worked in the yard before the rains began on Saturday, did a ton of laundry, moved the furniture around, watched a few movies. All in all, not bad. It was also my last Sunday in Primary, so I'm a bit pumped about that.

Don't get me wrong - my kids were great. I was opposed to the fact that I was OBLIGATED to be there every weekend. It was a big responsibility, and I took it as such, but there were some Sundays that I really just wanted to sleep in and eat pancakes until 11 am. So I finally just laid it on the line and "resigned". As I was never set apart, I figure that I've done my duty for 18 months, and it's time for a break. We're skipping the next 3 weeks anyway, so it's not like I would have been there until July. Ahhh.... freedom.

7 days until M's graduation. I don't know how pumped he is, but I sure as heck am. Not only that, but it's 11 days until we are in Kauai. Still not excited to be seen in public in a bathing suit, but hey, my excitement over a tropical vacation is outweighing my sensitivity to my thigh girth.

I am trying to eat better. This weekend was a bit of a disaster, but I did pretty well all week. I figure I just have to do what I can each day, and I'll move towards consistency. Now if I could just get back to some regular exercise.... One thing at a time.

No comments: