Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

More doctor, please

Went to the endocrinologist today. NOT IMPRESSED. I'm starting to think doctors are all a bunch of clowns. Probably not a good attitude to have when the hubby is starting med school in 2 months.


Bottom line - the endocrinologist says my numbers are all "borderline", and then cut out when I started asking why my thyroid antibody numbers were so high and yet I'm just "borderline". THEN his PA proceeds to sit down and go over my lab numbers with me - showing me that my female hormones are all wacky, too. Meaning that it's likely there won't be a clear diagnosis, but an extended period of testing and blood letting and painful exams.


Now, I'm not pumped that no one can give me a straight answer. And less excited that I have to wait another 10 days for more tests. And MORE pissed that the GYN office told me my labs were all normal except for my thyroid - which turned out to not be the case at all.


Net/ net - I know nothing more & have extra stuff to worry about now. Apparently I may have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis or I may have Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. And I get to have multiple ultrasounds with a full bladder. And I have to wait 2 more weeks. So I may have a chronic disease that will force me to take a pill every day for the rest of my life. Or I may have an ovarian condition that will likely render me infertile. Or it could be nothing. Sweet.

No comments: