Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pie Party

I'm part of a Recipe Club/ Cooking Club through church.  
Each month, we choose a different theme, then meet on a specific evening to share our dishes and to visit.  For August, the theme was "Pie", and we met at my house!  This was good for a number of reasons.  First, I love pie (really, who doesn't?).  Second, I am an introvert, but I like the idea of people gathering at my house.  


Because it was an insanely busy week, I had to plan carefully to get everything done.  I started the pie crust the night before, but didn't *quite* understand how long it would take to get everything done (the freezing and blind baking add tons of time to the process, but were WELL worth it).  I woke up at 5am the day of the party so I could get it all done before school, work, house cleaning, and soccer practice.  I made Peach Hand Pies (on the oval platter above), Chocolate Pudding Pie (on the cake stand), and a Leek, Mushroom, Bacon quiche (not pictured).  

Everything was so good!  We had Taco Pie, 3 kinds of quiche, Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Apple Pie with Pecan Crumb Topping and Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Pudding Pie, Peach Hand Pies, and a Gluten-Free Coconut Cream Pie.  

I also used these recipes, but made some changes: Quiche Me DeadlyBourbon Peach Hand Pies.  

Have you ever had a Pie Party?

1 comment:

La Yen said...

This is a great idea! Any tips on starting a cooking group of my own?