Pages

Monday, October 8, 2007

The quest for the holy grail (of jobs)

Why do I bother to peck around for jobs right now? I think it's just a form of self-torture. Knowing there is a job out there for me - one that pays more, has better hours, doesn't require travel, a 15 minute commute, an on site gym..... ah, dreamer that I am. I don't think there's anything wrong with being aware of your options, but who would hire a pregnant lady? That's what it comes down to, that's why it's a tiny bit of self-flagellation. Because I know that for the next 8 months, I am better off where I'm at. I have flexible hours, a decent salary (for the time I work), insurance, and don't have to travel too often. Why rock the boat? Why torture myself? I guess it's the desire to see what's out there, and see what the possibilities are. Could I find a decent paying job here? One where I wouldn't feel like a fraud on a daily basis? One where my opinion would be considered and respected? Is that possible? Does it even exist?

No comments: