Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mabel's Labels

Last year's foray into Kindergarten left me feeling puzzled and inept for weeks.

So many forms to fill out!
So many policies and procedures!
So many unwritten rules!

One of my favorites of the unwritten rules was "If it's yours, put your name on it". Oh yes, we were no longer in the polite world of private preschool - this was the tangled jungle of public school kid-dom. Don your backpack & wield your Sharpie!

But instead of a Sharpie, I took a more civilized tactic.

I invested in Mabels Labels.

I heard about Mabels Labels from Design Mom, a most fashionable & trusted source of information.

I was impressed by the variety of options available - they offer everything from combo packs for your back to school needs to household labels to satisfy the Martha in all of us. Enter the text of choice, choose your color combo, add an icon & you're ready to label to your heart's content.

I opted for the Classic Ultimate Back-to-School Combo, in Cotton Candy, of course.

When they arrived, I proceeded to label every school and dance item I could get my hands on - from coats & backpacks to water bottles & pencil cases to rain boots & dance slippers.

A year later, the labels are still secure, and look as fresh as when I applied them. Many of them are waterproof and UV resistant, so I could throw a coat into the wash & not worry about losing the label.

The amount of product in a combo pack is so generous, I only used a fraction of the labels - plenty left over to begin the labelling anew for this impending school year.

If I had to do it all over again, I would go for a more neutral color & last name only, so I could use them for Big J's stuff, too. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to order more!

Note: I did not receive any compensation for this review, it is simply a product I purchased for my own use & wanted share with both my readers. If you have any questions about Mabels Labels, I suggest you visit their website & contact them directly.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I am intrigued. I love my label machine, but these are so cute!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Amy you have some of the best finds! Thanks for sharing this. I was just starting to think...do I need to write her name on her pack of crayons, colored pencils, glue, etc. I feel like am entering a world that I am not sure what to really expect. Mabels Labels here we come (thanks for the suggestion on neutral and last name).

Samantha Clark said...

Hi Amy,

Samantha here from Mabel's Labels! We are thrilled that you've chosen to write about our company and products on your blog. Thank you so much.

You're going to be amazed at how durable the labels truly are, and cute too of course!

Thanks again,


Samantha Clark
Mabel's Labels