Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer is Kickin' My Butt


I'm going to blame the heat.

Yes, yes - it's the heat!

The hot, hot heat - with extra humidity!!

I know, you think I am whining (and I AM), but seriously. This morning it was 83 degrees inside the house, with 73% humidity.

Although I am grateful (so, so grateful) for the window A/C units we purchased in May & installed in 2 of the bedrooms, I still melt into a greasy puddle by the end of each endless summer day.

By 7pm it takes all of my energy rouse myself enough to douse myself with icy water and then collapse onto the bed beneath the constant humming of Energy Star machine-cooled air.

Even the 100+ degree temperatures of Nevada did not exhaust me in the same way. At least there we could open the windows after sunset and let the cool mountain breezes bathe us in refreshment.

I am also in the midst of a new workout routine and a 5-day "food plan", so that may have something to do with my lethargy, too. More on that later.

I guess the point of this post is that I have little to report. For now.

It's supposed to cool off on Friday, so perhaps my creative juices will percolate again & bubble over by the weekend.

Hope you are having a lovely - and cool - summer.

No comments: