Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Nowhere to Go, Nothing to Say

My husband asked me today why I haven't posted lately.

My response:  "I don't know.  I just don't have much to say.  And I'm sure nobody wants to hear me talk about how much I'm looking forward to getting out of here and on to Ohio."

To be clear:  I will miss the people, but not the place.  More on that later.

And really, I'm trying to live in the now.  Every day that we wake up to cool breezes and sunny skies feels like a gift.  Summer is NOT my season, but this weather makes every day a joy.  I've been trying my best to embrace summer, and enjoy the little moments.  The kids are staying up late and sleeping in.  We play and dance and take walks and ride bikes and eat popsicles.  We splash and run and kick and jump.  Sometimes we shop and paint nails and pile on the bed to read stories.  So raise your glass to all the good that summer can bring.  Because so far, I am enjoying every minute of it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Amen to all of it! Except that the season that is moat certainly NOT mine: winter. When is your big move?