Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Resolutions



Summer, I am not a fan of you.  I know you know, but I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. I don't like your heat, your humidity, your blazing sun.  I don't like that your favorite gifts are burned skin, frizzled hair, and beads of sweat.

But Summer, I am willing to do my part to make things better.

Instead of lazing around the house all day, we're going to get up each morning & work on our chores and workbook pages.  We're going to plan something different to look forward to each week - a picnic, a playdate, an outing to the splashpad, an indoor playplace, a trip to the movies - something to get us out of the heat into the fun. I signed up Big Sis for a daycamp at a local elementary school, so she'll have crafts and playtime in the afternoons.  We're going to take walks and snap pictures and eat popsicles and splash in the tiny blowup pool in the backyard.

So Summer, what are you going to do for me?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good thing you don't live in Arizona!