Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Banana "Pancakes"

I woke up extra early today, and my kids slept way, way in, so I was able to experiment with my breakfast a little bit.  I decided to try the banana/ egg "pancakes" that have been all over Pinterest and Facebook.  

Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 egg. 
And I added some cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little salt for flavor.  

Mix, and cook like a regular pancake. 
Except longer.  You really have to let it set up before attempting to flip them, otherwise you end up with this: 


With a little bit of this, too:


I finally got it figured out with my 3rd attempt.



Instead of syrup, I mixed up a little PB2 (with chocolate, of course), and drizzled it over the top. 



Verdict: Tasty!  Pancake-esque, without the guilt or the desire for a nap after breakfast. Next time I think I'll add a few pieces of bacon on the side.  At 200 calories for 3 pancakes, it also fits into a healthy lifestyle.  Try it!


No comments: