Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day


I just want to offer a brief "thank you" to those men and women who have served, or currently are serving in the Armed Forces. I appreciate your commitment to serving your country, and am grateful to live in a country which offers so many opportunities to its citizens - including the opportunity to live in a place which does not currently experience daily conflict, civil unrest, or violence. I am also grateful to my uncles and husband for their personal involvement in the Navy, and for the experiences and benefits garnered from their time in the military. If Matt had not had the experience of being a Corpsman for 5 years (and the benefits of the GI Bill) I am not sure our family would be on the road to graduating from DO school.

No comments: