Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a really good day, and actually a good weekend overall. After a stressful week at work I decided to do a little shopping on Friday, as Malaina is in desperate need of summer clothes. I headed to the mall, and was able to both shop and get a little exercise - packing up Justin in the jogging stroller and walking from Old Navy to the mall and back (I know, it's not that far, but I have to hope that every little bit counts). On Saturday I had my hair done, and then came home and gave Malaina and myself manicures, and she got a little pedicure too. She requested red on her toenails, and pink on her fingernails. How very grown up! My Dad and Jan sent flowers for Mother's Day, so I also arrived home to the treat of some beautiful lillies waiting for me. What a wonderful surprise!

Today was really really nice. Malaina wanted me to have my Mother's Day present right away, so as soon as we were all up, she and Daddy brought it in. It was Guitar Hero! I know, super geeky of me, but I've had this weird fascination with it. It's not as easy as it looks, but it really is fun. Then Matt made breakfast for us (a very rare treat), and Malaina, Justin and I actually got to church on time. After church my visiting teachers stopped by, and shortly after Matt came home from studying, we went out for Thai food (Cool Basil - very good, but watch the spiciness!). We all played Guitar Hero for a while, then we even got ice cream treats for dessert! I'm so thankful for my sweet family, and am so proud of Matt, Malaina, and Justin. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful husband and children.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awesome! I have to come try this guitar hero out. I always see it out at walmart for people to play, and I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to pick that thing up and give it a whirl. Now I can do it at your house and not be so embarassed. Maybe.