Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Good-bye to the Girls

You’ve been here for nearly a year, and while it’s been nice to have you visit, I knew the day of your departure was fast approaching. I’ve enjoyed my time with you, and so have Big Daddy and Big J (especially Big J). It's almost like you're a permanent member of the family! You’ve always been there when I needed you – making yourselves available no matter the hour of the day or night. You’re leaving sooner than I’d like, but it’s time. I definitely don’t want you to overstay your welcome right now. That would just create more problems in the long run, and turn into a big, painful mess. Thank you for taking this well and making a quiet, unobtrusive departure. I know we've been dragging this on for a few weeks, but it's time to say farewell.

Perhaps we’ll meet again. If I have my way, I'll see you sometime in 2010. And if not, I am hopeful you will return for a permanent stay in about 7 years. Until then, take care, make sure you are always surrounded by those who support you, and rest up for our next visit. Let's not call it good-bye. It's more like: 'Til We Meet Again.......

1 comment:

sarita said...

Hilarious! You crack me up.