Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Vehicle: 2, Me:0

My car and I had another battle yesterday. I'm starting to think she really doesn't like me. Or maybe she just doesn't like Iowa. Or I don't like her & my dislike is starting to manifest itself through physical harm to myself (armchair psychologists: ready, set, go!)

If you recall, a few months ago I nailed my forehead on the corner of my trunk hatch. It left a long-lasting lump, but was mostly healed in a week or so.

Yesterday I loaded the kids in, and as I opened the driver's side door to hop in myself, something happened. I'm not exactly sure how it all went down, but I think I started to drop my diaper bag as I opened the door. I dove for it and nailed my forehead on the very pointy top corner of the door. It was really weird. It didn't hurt, but I knew I had just done something that would hurt soon. And A LOT. I stood there for a minute, feeling dizzy and a little confused. I finally sat down and flipped down the mirror to take a look.

I had an inch long gash in the center of my forehead. It was beginning to bleed, and I could clearly see the split in the skin. I haven't had stitches since I was 3, and I really didn't know if I needed them now. I texted Big Daddy, but didn't hear back from him right away. I decided to go to Urgent Care and see if 1. They take insurance (they do) and 2. I needed stitches (I did not).

Although I feel a little silly for thinking I might need stitches, we're talking about my face here. I'm no beauty queen, but who wants their face to be messed up? I came home and cleaned it up, slapped on a bandaid and took some Motrin. As I suspected, it's much better this morning (it pretty much closed up on its own), but my head HURTS. I imagine that this is a little like Botox. My forehead feels swollen and a little frozen. It's not bruised yet (at least not on the outside). I am so glad that I have bangs & I can hide behind them.

A full recovery will be made - eventually. Now I just need to decide what to do about that dang car.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh I'm so glad you didnt' need stitches, but that sounded like it HURT!!! So sorry!! Isn't that always how it is though? I can get a hold of Logan when i want to talk about the weather, but when I really need him, he never answers right away. Fabulous!

Hope your head feels better!!
Bytheway, LOVING your background!