Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

DONE

I just finished my project,and I am both relieved and exhausted. Not to bore you, but....I essentially re-wrote the company's yearly marketing plan in 4 days. It should have taken me a minimum of 2 weeks to do this, but I had 4 days. It turned into a 50 page PowerPoint complete with financial breakdown by product, etc. etc. etc. Yay for me. I shouldn't complain about the work, as generally it's not too stressful. But I felt incredibly guilty when I was done because Justin seemed so excited to have me cuddle and play with him for a while (he must have been staying up for me, as he didn't fall asleep until 10:30!).

I think I must be delirious from the stress of the week, because Matt and I have been talking about getting a mini van. I never thought I would be That Mom. But after taking the drive to Chicago in the confines of the Jetta, I think it's time. We've even gone so far as to talk to the bank about financing. I'm partial to the Odyssey or the Sienna, but am still not 100% on taking the plunge. As my cousin Stephanie said (in reference to driving her own recently acquired Sienna) "I feel like such an old bag driving it". I guess it's all in my mind. Right? Maybe if I go for this, I won't feel so inadequate:

1 comment:

sarita said...

I never thought I would be "that" mom, either, but I am a minivan driver and I love it! It is so much more convenient with two kids. And I've decided that it can be cool :) Congrats on getting the marketing plan done!