Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Because I Am A CopyCat....

Do you remember when being called a copycat was about the worst thing ever?

You might as well have told a child they would never grow up to be a useful member of society.

Give up now, ye copycat! No good can come of your copycattery.

I believed that for a long time, but no more.

Copying is a form of flattery, and let's face it, there are no truly original ideas out there.

Consider copycatting an homage.

And in that spirit, I steal an idea shared by my good friend S, and announce Fab Fridays!

Fab Fridays will be the days when I share something good from the week. Perhaps a recipe, a quote, a book, a find, a photo. Whatever it may be, I say enjoy!

For the launch of Fab Fridays, I give you my find of the week:


The Dirt Devil Kurv hand vac. It's got 9.6 volts of sucking power, wrapped up in an sleek, elegant champagne-colored body. Designed by Karim Rashid, this little beauty is the perfect device for chasing down wayward glitter, thread, dust, or baby food embedded in the dreaded highchair. This example of design + function can be yours for less than $20 at Bed, Bath & Beyond. On sale now, get 'em while they last!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you don't mind a copycat because Austin is demanding a pirate theme for his upcoming birthday party. Hmmmm, I wonder were he got that fabulous idea?

Liz said...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." If you know that quote, you may be my bosom friend.

Thanks for the idea, my home most certainly is missing one of these.

re: your last post: sometimes dinner with good girlfriends is just what the doctor ordered, isn't it? Maybe you could make it a regular happening, like a dose of vitamins or something.

Robyn said...

I love this. I never understood why people didn't like others to copy them. The rare times I have a great idea, I am thrilled if anyone uses it...

I'm sorry I haven't emailed you back about our next date. I can't do the 11th, how about that next week?