Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cora Paige on Etsy

I don't usually solicit people to take action, but I am a sucker for a baby story, so here goes:

Cora Paige McClenahan was born in a small town in Kansas a year ago. She was her parent's first child. At the age of 10 months, she was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. She passed away only 3 short weeks after her diagnosis.

I can't imagine the pain and grief this family is experiencing right now. A parent should never have to outlive their child.

In lieu of flowers at her funeral, her family requested that donations be made to create a playground in her memory. A blogger and etsy seller picked up on the idea, and there is now a full etsy store dedicated to Cora. You can see more here: Cora Paige on etsy

I know this is last minute, but please go look and possibly buy something. There are items as low as a dollar or two! The majority of sellers are donating EVERY DOLLAR to Cora's playground project. The donations will be gathered and sent tomorrow - Cora's birthday. I can't think of a more worthy cause than this, and am proud to know my purchase will go towards helping the McClenahans create a memorial that can be shared by so many.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a sad story but sweet idea! I find myself wanting to buy something, anything for them! Thanks for the link and great idea!

Also, loving the fun new look of your blog...I always love reading the little random odds and ends to the side!

Bytheway, you have me CRAVING cupcakes, seriously. I think cupcakes and I think of you ;) Thanks for the locations!