Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'd like a do-over, please

Some days are memorable for the amount of sheer irritation they generate.

Today was one such day.

I have been exhausted lately (cause TBD), and my sweet boy decided 5:21am was a FANTASTIC time to begin the day. I'm sorry Big J, 6 hours of sleep simply isn't enough time for mommy to consider herself a functional human being.

Thankfully I was able to cuddle him back into his bed an hour later, and returned to my own comfortable sheets and fitful dreams. Nothing like visions of Amazonian ponds filled with stinging, slithering, biting, be-fanged creatures to create an unrestful environment. I crawled out of bed more exhausted than when I had returned to it.

I felt behind all day - missing phone calls, wrestling with a dying computer, sending incomplete emails, and preparing less than nutritionally balanced meals for my young ones. Ah well, one meal of hot dog, apple, and cheese won't kill them, will it?

I also spent time being frustrated with healthcare. From a doctor's office who promised to make a referral 5 days ago - and still hasn't done it, to folks who won't return phone calls after repeated messages, and lab results that STILL aren't in..... What happened to common courtesy? I say please and thank you, address you with a pleasant tone, and leave all the information you need. Is it really so hard to do what you say you're going to do? To take 3 minutes and call me back? Is it necessary to snap at me when I'm following up because I gave you the benefit of the doubt and called again only after giving you 4 additional days to phone in my referral and you STILL didn't do it? No, no, I don't think so.

The cherry on the cake of my day is that boss #7 is leaving. While I suppose this offers a marginal amount of additional job security for me, I am genuinely sad to see him go after such a short amount of time.

I'm going to go pull the covers over my head for a while. Can someone please pass the Ben & Jerry's?

3 comments:

sarita said...

I'm so sorry about your day---especially the doctors' office issues--those can be so frustrating.

Can I come over and eat B&J's with you (I'll bring the Cinnamon Buns and Chubby Hubby)?

Ashley said...

Why is it that there are some days where nothing seems to go right? And it's one thing after the other? The good news is after a bad day, the next can only get better right?? But still, lame about the dr.'s office and I can get in the worst moods after a malfunctioning computer and little sleep.

Hang in there...I hope today becomes another fantastic friday!!!!

Robyn said...

Girl, hope hope you really did get your B&J. You deserve it!