Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

10 Things I Will Not Miss About Apartment Living

  1. A furnace with the air intake vent in the second bedroom. It is LOUD.
  2. That the floor of the bathtubs is so creaky it sounds like you're going to fall through the neighbor's ceiling.
  3. Facing a busy street.
  4. An iced-over parking lot from November until March.
  5. Mirrored closet doors. My child has been mesmerized by her own reflection. But it was amusing to see her throw a fit and watch herself at the same time.
  6. Rental home carpet. Yuck.
  7. Downstairs neighbors who like to slam the front door. ALL THE TIME.
  8. Communal living. Not so great when you can't find a parking space on a Friday night & the neighbors decide to take up smoking just when I start leaving my windows open all evening.
  9. A weird layout in the living room. There was no way to set it up to enjoy the fireplace, use the TV, and have room to walk.
  10. Zero insulation in the walls. A good excuse to not do the dishes after 7 pm (baby bedtime), but really not conducive to family living.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm so glad you'll get to be in a house- so exciting!

I love #5.

Boy, this is coming too soon. You will so be missed!

Stesha said...

We just moved to a new home too! So exciting. I will not miss my deadbeat neighbors who always wanted to "borrow food."

"Can we borrow some chicken and sausage? We want to barbecue."

So sad. So true.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha