Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Barkeeper's Friend

Last week I was talking with a friend about my amazing All-Clad find, and she mentioned that not only had she never heard of Barkeeper's Friend, but that it sounded like something containing alcohol (totally understandable given the name).

Friends, let me share the love.


My Dad first introduced me to the wonder that is BF.  And if my Dad knows something about something, it is cleaning.  

As seen on the label, BF is an abrasive cleanser & polish ala the old school Comet cans.... but SO. MUCH. MORE.  It's been around since 1882.  It can be used on all sorts of surfaces, but I most commonly use it on cookware and my sink.  You wet the item, sprinkle on the BF, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.  I use a regular kitchen sponge to scrub & the results are AMAZING.  It worked wonders on my All-Clad, shines up my sink, and even brings my glass cooktop back to life.  I've found it at my local grocery as well as Wal-Mart, and it usually retails for under $2.00/ can.

Here's a review by Apartment Therapy - they love it, too!

Try It, You'll Like It!  

3 comments:

sarita said...

I've never heard of this before and it sounds like just what I need to keep my pots and pans gleaming!

And we decided to rent during residency. I'm so glad we found a single family home. Hopefully it works out the entire time we're there. Thanks for all of your help in that department!

Mom said...

Those were some impressive reviews of BKF - I'm going to run right out and buy some - Thanks

Kelly said...

My mom introduced this to me years ago!! It is the best stuff. If you ever have white sinks this stuff is a miracle worker.