I am boggled that not only are we halfway through March of 2011, my Baby Boy is also 3!
We started our day with donuts & presents.
Frog Pillow Pet from Grandma Huff. A HUGE hit.
More Thomas from Mom & Dad
During errands that morning, he got the special treat of riding with Bob the Builder.
Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger.
Big Sis loves to play dress-up....
and in the interest of keeping him out of high heels & feather boas,
we thought a costume of his own would be most fitting.
As requested: fried rice for dinner.
Happy Birthday Big J!
Memories of age 2-3:
- His vocabulary is huge & he loves to talk.
- He is still small for his age. Because he is small - but very verbal - strangers often have no idea how old he is.... guesses range from a tiny 4 year old to an incredibly advanced 2 year old.
- He is potty trained! He uses a pull-up at night, but we're going to wean him off that after the move this summer.
- He is outgrowing his nap. Although Mama isn't thrilled with it, it usually means a solid 10 hours of sleep at night (which Mama LOVES).
- He has begun to mimic some of the things we say. Ex: "Um, excuse me, I'm talking here.", "Hello? Can you hear me?", "Mama, I just need a minute."
- He loves to jump, run, and swing. He loves the slide, goes nuts at the bouncehouse, and can kick a ball really well. He is learning to catch a ball. Loves the water, and will jump in without hesitation. Does not like to float on his back.
- Favorite toys: Thomas trains, Buzz, Woody, Hot Wheels cars, Legos.
- Likes to be read to. Favorite Book: Go Dog, Go.
- Questions everything. "What's this? Why? Where are we going?" Sometimes makes us feel like this is the Spanish Inquisition (without the Rack, of course).
- Is very social. Loves to play with friends and visit other people's homes.
- Wants to be in the middle of whatever we are doing. If I am exercising, or in the kitchen, he is right next to me - either copying what I'm doing, or playing close by.
- Knows all his letters and can count to 10. Knows colors, shapes, and almost any animal you show him.
- Is a picky eater. Enjoys strawberries, macaroni & cheese, fried rice, peanut butter & jelly (likes to make his own sandwich), chicken nuggets, bananas, nectarines, milk. Will pretend to gag if he is encouraged to eat a bite of something he thinks he doesn't like (broccoli).
- Favorite color: Orange!
- Is fascinated by the current Red Lobster commercial & will watch it, eyes unblinking, until the end when he asks when we go there.