Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

An Oregonian No More

I did it. On Monday morning I went back out to the DMV and got my Iowa driver's license.

This was a big step for me. I've been an Oregonian for a long time now, and never had any inclination to make the switch, no matter which state we were in. But we've been here for over a year now, and I like it. I really like it here, and I could even see myself in Iowa long term. I don't think that will actually happen, as there are many more moves ahead of us before we finally choose a place to settle. But it's a nice thought.

I felt elated when I was done, like I made the right choice. I think I've been mentally severing ties with Oregon for a while, and once our house was sold I felt ready to move on. I like Oregon, and am super excited to go back over Christmas break. (Less Cold - yay! Lots of Rain - boo!). But I don't really ever see us moving back there for good. Now that we know there truly are places in this country that offer good livin' at lower prices, we may not always consider ourselves West Coasters.

We shall see.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Stay here! Congrats on "moving on"!