Areas of Focus for 2009
(aka the More/ Less List)
- More Health & Wellbeing/ Less Couch - This is not just for me, but for our whole family. I want to learn how to cook more healthfully, add more vegetables, reduce our meat consumption, and be more diverse in our food selections. I also want us to all move it, move it, a little more often and on a regular basis. If I can accomplish all this perhaps I will become reaquainted with my old friend Skinny Jeans.
- More Kindness/ Less Frustration - A kind word or a smile goes a long way. This isn't just for strangers or friends, but for me, too. I will be a little more accepting of myself, a little more understanding of my failures and foibles. With acceptance comes understanding, and hopefully a little insight.
- More Creativity/ Less TV - I've enjoyed busting out my sewing machine and making some simple handmade gifts, and want to gain some momentum in this. I also want to learn more about photography this year, and perhaps even make a tremendous jump forward in camera equipment to leverage that knowledge. It's amazing what I can get done when the TV goes off.
- More Organization/ Less Stuff - I am a recovering Pack Rat. (My husband would vehemently debate the recovering part). Recovery is a long process, with many bumps in the road. But with a little dedication and some Sterilite containers, I hope to lead a less cluttered existence in 2009.
- More Family/ Less Everything Else - I want to be a better wife, mother, and friend (in that order).
Happy 2009 to you and yours. What are your Areas of Focus for the year ahead?