Sunday, December 7, 2008

Winter Wonderland


Last Sunday was our first 'real' snow of the season. It snowed from Saturday afternoon until Sunday morning.


Big J tried out the sled for the first time. It did not go well. We'll try again when he's had a nap & a full tummy.
We had some friends over on Friday for a Crafting Day. Here's Big Sis and Natalie helping out by decorating the cupcakes. Good job girls!


I made tutus. It was really easy, but I'm not sure why they won't lay a little straighter. Too much tulle? Strips too small? Strips too wide? Too long??
Regardless, I think they're cute, and I'm going to use the leftover tulle to make little hair bows to match. Or maybe magic wands. I don't know yet. Only 2 more Christmas gifts to go!

Crafting Day was fun. We don't have people over very often, as our apartment is the size of a postage stamp. But I love having company, especially girl company. It makes me feel like I really missed out by not growing up with a sister or two in the house.
In other news: Big J is finally finding his sleep groove. I think he's done teething for a while, and he's been able to get into some good sleep rhythms. On Friday he took a 2+ hour nap! And while he goes to bed between 7-8pm, he's begun to sleep in - sometimes until 6 or even 7 am. You'll still see me yawning throughout the day, though. Now that I am catching up on my snoozing, I think my body is realizing how sleep deprived it's been for the last 8 months.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your tutu. I think it is very cute. I still wish I could have made it. I was looking forward to it all week. Oh well, maybe we can do it again sometime. Thanks for taking the time to organize it.

Hi, I'm Robyn! said...

The tutu looks great! I wish we could have been there. I'm glad you had some fun girl time. I love it too!