Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

J's 4 Month Stats

Wednesday J went to the doctor for his 4 month checkup. No, we didn't just drop him off at the receptionist's desk - we ALL went to his appointment. J is a healthy boy, and his stats are as follows:
  • Height: 25" (50th percentile)

  • Weight: 15lbs. 6 oz. (60th percentile)

  • Head: 17" (75th percentile)

Looks like he's slowing down a bit, as his head only increased 1/4" in 2 months, but he did grow 2 1/4 inches and gained almost 3 lbs.! We talked to the doctor about his sleep issues, and she suggested that 4 months is the perfect time to help him learn how to self-soothe. We have begun to do this at bedtime only, and last night was his first real cry-it-out night. After 45 minutes of crying, he settled down and slept for a good 4 hours before waking again. I think that one of my biggest fears with CIO is that he'll be mad at me in the morning. I know, totally irrational, but a concern for me. I'm happy to report that he's still so laid back that once he fully wakes up, he's a smiley boy again.

We also started him on rice cereal, per Dr.'s suggestion. He hates it.

1 comment:

Chrissy Jo said...

What a cute boy! I totally know what you mean about the CIO strategy. I too have worried about my kids waking up in the morning hating me. So far so good though! We had a really rough week of crying at every nap, but now sometime I can even lay Lyssa down awake and she puts herself to sleep. Crazy huh? I'm glad your little guy is growing so well!