Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Magic

Matt urged me to go for a quick walk the other night - at 10:30pm. We'd been talking about the fireflies, and he swore that he always saw a million of them when he runs at night (First time he saw them he thought he might be having a stroke. That's what you get when you grow up firefly-free). So I did. I stomped across the rugby field and made it to the connector which leads to the Jordan Creek trail. And there they were. I felt transported back to when I was about 6 years old, and still believed there might be fairies in the world. They were everywhere, winking on and off like tiny little nightlights. I stood there with my mouth open, watching them float lazily in the cooling summer breeze, feeling surrounded by magic. Malaina will soon be going on a late night walk with me so she can glimpse into the fairy tale world of fireflies. Is it irresponsible of me tell her they are fairies?

Look closely next to the big door. Yep, that's a fairy door. Who says fairies aren't real?

No comments: