Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Buying Week

I'm trying an experiment this week. I've been rolling this idea around in my head, and decided it's time to go for it. I am not going to purchase anything from Sunday-Friday. No McDonald stops for Big Sis. No buying a Diet Coke while at Target because I'm bored. No running to the store because we ran out of milk mid-week.

I know I CAN do it. I have at least a modicum of self-control, even if it doesn't usually seem like it. I'm just curious how challenging it will be. I made out my menu for the week & did my grocery shopping yesterday (I forgot to buy water, but we still have a few gallons at home). I filled the car up with gas. I even bought what I need for the pies I have to make for Tuesday night. I should be good to go.

There are a few rules, including the obvious one: Don't buy anything. I also can't call Big Daddy and ask him to buy something for me (ex: running out of milk); I can't make exceptions for anything but an emergency. And finding something on sale at Gymboree doesn't count as an emergency. I CAN pay bills. Wish me luck!

No comments: