Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Stop, Thief!

Someone stole/ borrowed/ 'found and kept' my sunglasses at church yesterday. They had fallen out of my bag & gotten hung on the outside of Big Sis' activity bag. I was juggling Big J and asked Big Daddy to put them back in my bag, so they wouldn't get lost. As to be expected, he teased me about someone taking them. So I backed down, and we put the bag on the high shelf in the coat closet exactly where I usually leave her bag.

When I strolled over to the coat closet after picking up Big Sis, the bag and its' contents were right where we left it. Sans sunglasses. I grabbed her bag and rooted inside it. Then I patted around the area of her bag. No shades. I thought maybe Big Daddy was playing a joke on me & he had snuck over & swiped them. But no, that was not the case.

There are many things that lower my expectations of human behavior, but attending church is not usually one them. So if you happen to have "found" a pair of glossy black sunglasses with oversize frames and little rhinestones on the earpieces - they're mine. Sure, I could go to Wal-mart and pick up another pair for $10, but so could you. And how gross is it to wear someone else's sunglasses? I hope you at least took them home and cleaned them with rubbing alcohol before you tried them on. And I also hope that if you intend to keep them that they break the first time you wear them. Thanks for ruining my Sunday!

2 comments:

Megane said...

Oh, that is not fun! My hubby bought me sunglasses (expensive ones) for mothers day. I usually just wear the cheap ones because of the kids constantly breaking them (or me by sitting on them, I have a habit of hanging them on my back pocket), so now I have to think about where to put them and hope they don't break! He doesn't deal with kids and sunglasses so he doesn't know the damage they can inflict upon them!

I totally agree with the drive-thru thing, I have thought about that MANY times! Want to start a drive-thru market together? :)

Kelly said...

Wow that sucks. I have actually lost a few things at church myself and never found them. Hopefully they will turn up.